In May 2017 at the International Congress of Andrology (ICA) in Copenhagen a number of scientists met to discuss the formation of an international consortium focused on studying the genetics of male infertility. Various formal and less formal collaborations were ongoing but it was felt that a more global organization was required to tackle the challenges in male infertility genomics. After that regular conference calls were organized, individual scientists were supported by group members in applying for funding, and we started to share information on ongoing projects and discussed how to extend our consortium. From that the International Male Infertility Genomics Consortium was born, with now an official IMIGC website to present ourselves to the world and interact with other experts in the field.
Recent News & Publications
- – The European Congress of Andrology (ECA), 9-12 December 2020. https://www.andrology2020.de/
- – The European Testis Workshop, 30-3 May-June 2021: http://www.etw2020.org/
- – The European Society of Human Genetics Conference (ESHG), Glasgow United Kingdom, 12–15 June 2021: https://www.eshg.org/
- – The Society for the Study of reproduction (SSR), 4-7 August 2021: http://www.ssr.org/
- – The American Society of Human Genetics, Virtual Meeting, 27-30 October 2020: https://www.ashg.org/meetings/2020meeting/