In May 2017 at the International Congress of Andrology (ICA) in Copenhagen a number of scientists met to discuss the formation of an international consortium focused on studying the genetics of male infertility. Various formal and less formal collaborations were ongoing but it was felt that a more global organization was required to tackle the challenges in male infertility genomics. After that regular conference calls were organized, individual scientists were supported by group members in applying for funding, and we started to share information on ongoing projects and discussed how to extend our consortium. From that the International Male Infertility Genomics Consortium was born, with now an official IMIGC website to present ourselves to the world and interact with other experts in the field.
Our mission is to identify and characterize the genetic causes of male infertility, allowing for improved diagnostics, development of novel treatments and enhanced patient care
Recent News & Publications
- – The European Testis Workshop, Obidos Portugal, May 23-27: http://www.etw2018.org/
- – The European Society of Human Genetics Conference (ESHG), Milan Italy, June 16–19: https://2018.eshg.org/
- – The Society for the Study of reproduction (SSR), New Orleans USA, July 10-13: http://www.ssr.org/18Meeting
- – The European Congress of Andrology (ECA) in Budapest Hungary, October 11-13. http://www.eca2018.com/
- – The American Society of Human Genetics, San Diego USA, October 16-20: http://www.ashg.org/2018meeting/